the fine print
Our goal is to teach your child the art of dance and to have fun learning. In order to maintain a structured studio, the following studio rules apply to everyone.
- No street shoes are allowed on the studio floors.
- All dancers must be in their black dress code.
- All dancers must have their hair back in the style appropriate for their class when they arrive.
- Please label dance shoes and belongings.
- No gum or staining juices are ever allowed in the building.
- Only water is permitted in the studios.
- AFDS is a peanut and nut-free facility.
- No foul language, yelling or disruptive behavior.
- All staff and instructors should be addressed as “Miss” or “Mister” and their first name.
- Staff members must be present for anyone to enter a dance studio room.
COVID RELATED POLICIES& INFO
updated March 7, 2022
Class Size & Safety Protocols (per Board Of Health)
- Classes will still be reduced to 12-15 students to help maintain social distancing.
- Everyone will do their best to maintain a 6 foot distance while in the building.
- All dancers & faculty will be strongly encouraged to masks at all times – unless more than 6 feet away from one another. Please pack 2 or 3 masks for each student.
- At this time we will continue as a drop at the door program to limit the amount of bodies in the building.
- Temperatures will be taken upon entry for students and faculty.
- All dancers should to arrive in dance clothes whenever possible
- Hand sanitizing will be done upon entry to each dance room. The studio rooms and the front desk have hand sanitizer stations.
- Bring labeled & filled water bottles or exact change of $1 for water or snacks. Or purchase a $10 snack card for your child to keep on file at the studio front desk and we can check off when they get an item.
- The water fountain will remain closed at this time.
- Surface cleaning will happen after each class. Teachers will be in charge of wiping down frequently used surfaces with approved disinfectant & sanitizing products.
- Only healthy staff members will be working at the studio.
- If your child or a household family member have cold like symptoms but are covid negative please use caution. If a student or faculty member has cold like symptoms we will request they stay home (join us on zoom) or wear a mask.
SUMMER 2022 FAQ
SUMMER REGISTRATION IS $10 per dancer
Students are required to be in proper attire when attending all classes. By being dressed appropriately, dancers are showing respect or their instructor, their fellow dancers and the program as a whole.
HAIR: Every student must have their hair pulled away from their face, ballet students in a tightly securely bun.
SHOES & ATTIRE can be found on the dress code page of this website.
Drop-off and Pickup
Drop off Procedures
- Please arrive only a few minutes before classes start so we can safely take every dancer’s temperature and make sure they know where to go for class and give everyone a pump of hand sanitizer.
- Parents will not be allowed into the studio to minimize the amount of people we are exposed to.
TEXT 508 622-5334 when you arrive for pickup & make sure you include the child(rens) name(s) that you are taking with you. Then, wait patiently in/at your car or outside and a faculty member will safely escort your child outside. Please pick up on time.
Attendance & Make-Up Policy
Trial classes are a great option for students and families that are new to our studio. Each new dancer will be permitted 1 week of trial classes (7 consecutive days) to try whatever classes they’d like to. However, this is only availbale IF and only if there is space in the classes the trial student is interested in. Each trial student must complete the new liability form located below.